Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Huskies on Parade!

Hi there Everypup, kitty & hammie!
Lakota here! Skye let me take over today so I could share my adventure with mom from Sunday. We are from Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Women's Basketball team had a perfect season AND won the National Championship. So....there was a parade in Hartford on Sunday to celebrate & honor them. The Connecticut Valley Siberian Husky Club was invited to march in the parade with dogs! I was SOOOO excited! I never got to walk in a parade before! Uncle Tom picked us up and off we went to Hartford. In the first picture, you can see Uncle Tom's van with the club banner and from the left...Dante, Loki and me. We had our harnesses on and were getting ready to head up to the place where the parade would start.
Here I am with mom. All of the divisions are lined up and ready to go! Look at the neat bandana I have on! One of the ladies made these for all of us to wear.
Here is most of our group. Mom had to take this really fast, because the parade was starting!
I got to meet that pretty black & white Sibe gal after the parade. She is soo pretty!

Here I am...in harness, focused and pulling! I did work the crowd all the way along the parade route. I got lots of pets & compliments. Mom had a heck of a time carrying the banner and still letting me greet my many admirers! haa roo!
This is a picture of Loki. Uncle Tom was carrying the other side of the banner and Loki was working the crowd on that side of the road!
AAAHHHH!!!! Nice cool grass!!!! Boy did that feel good after the parade! This was taken right on the front lawn of the state capitol while we were waiting for the ladies team to finish the parade route. After a nice break, we got to meet and play. It was a LOT of fun!
This is a group shot of all of us...pups & humans on the Capitol lawn after the parade. We had a grrreat time and are happy that we got invited to participate!
Thank you Skye, for letting me share my mom & me adventure!
Sibe vibes & howls,
Lakota

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats!

Of khourse, Mom's wallet would have been happy had the men's team won too!

That was really khool woo got to pawticipate!

Too bad they don't know how to spell your state yet!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, how Mom wishes we were all back in South Windsor. She loves her UConn Husky ladies and would love to have taken us to the parade too. Do you go sledding with the club in the winter? Mom says they used to do that when she lived there.

Woos, the OP Pack

D.K. Wall said...

We thought every time we went for a walk was a Husky parade?

ThePainterPack said...

Wow! What fun!! Thank woo for sharing such great pictures!

Mya Boo Boo